5 reasons Azure Databricks is best for Hadoop workloads
Due to the complexity, high cost of operations, and unscalable infrastructure, on-premises Hadoop platforms have often not delivered on their initial promises to impact business value. As a result, many enterprises are now seeking to modernize their Hadoop platforms to cloud data platforms. Catalysts include:
- High cost of ownership: On-premises hardware is costly and potential is never realized.
- End-of-life and expiring licenses: Do you renew or migrate?
- End of support: Customers are forced to upgrade or buy new hardware.
Customers are now turning to Azure Databricks. Azure Databricks is a unified data analytics platform for accelerating innovation across data science, data engineering, and business analytics. Azure Databricks brings a cost-effective and scalable solution to managing Hadoop workloads in the cloud—one that is easy to manage, highly reliable for diverse data types, and enables predictive and real-time insights to drive innovation.
Microsoft expands cloud services with two new datacenters in Wyoming
We are announcing the launch of two new Microsoft datacenters in Cheyenne, Wyoming—one in Cheyenne Business Parkway and another in Bison Business Park—enabling us to expand and support the growth and demand for our digital services in our West Central US datacenter region. Cheyenne has been home to Microsoft’s cloud infrastructure services since 2012 and this expansion will enable us to continue providing services to current and new customers.
New satellite connectivity and geospatial capabilities with Azure Space
Last year, Microsoft announced Azure Space, bringing together the possibilities of Space with the power of the cloud to help people and organizations achieve more on and off the planet.
Now we are announcing new partnerships and capabilities for Azure Space including:
- Azure Orbital reaches preview—now anyone can communicate and control satellites, from our owned and partnered ground-stations around the world—with no backhaul costs into Azure.
- Innovations built on Azure are “seeing” through the clouds with SpaceEye, and enhancing imagery with Project Turing.
- Our new partnership with Airbus is bringing the world’s leading high-resolution satellite imagery and elevation data into Azure, to further transform our understanding of the world.
- A virtualization partnership with iDirect, one of the largest satellite modem providers, is creating modern and flexible solutions for customers.
- New geospatial and data analytics partnerships with Esri, Blackshark.ai, and Orbital Insight on Azure are enabling new insights for our customers.
The power of extracting and leveraging data collected from space can transform entire industries and create new paradigms. Azure Space, through partnerships, space data, our collaboration tools, and Microsoft services and capabilities, unlock powerful possibilities for customers.